The primary focus and overall goal of the Quincy Family Resource Center (QFRC) is to connect families to their communities. The QFRC provides free community-based, multi-cultural, support groups, parenting programs and education, assessment services, information and referral resources, as well as social activities and events to benefit families whose children range in age from birth to 18 years old. Our dedicated QFRC team will assist parents, grandparents, guardians, caregivers, youth of all ages, other family members, and any member of the community seeking support. We will work with families to assess their needs and connect them to appropriate resources and services. Additionally, the QFRC collaborates with numerous agencies, community organizations, town and city governments, school systems, Department of Children and Families, Juvenile Probation (providing Child Requiring Assistance/CRA support), and civic and religious organizations to provide the best service possible to families within our community.
The QFRC operates through three tiers of support:
- Assessments and Family Support Planning
- Assessments conducted by Licensed Clinician and Family Partner.
- Assess all domains of youth and family life.
- Review areas of need and build Family Support Plan based on recommendations and family choice.
- Resources and Referrals
- Assistance for families & providers/can be in person, virtual or over the phone.
- Referrals & resources to community based, behavioral health services as well as recreational activities.
- Groups, Community Events & Activities
- Teen Groups focused on positive decision making and school refusal (LEADS).
- Parent Groups to address school refusal (ATTENDS).
- Parenting Education & Support Programs (Nurturing Parents & Families, Active Parenting, Grandparents Raising Grandchildren, Positive Discipline)
- Youth Social/Support Groups (LGBTQ Teens, Girls Group)
- Parties and Social Events throughout the year (i.e. School’s Out, Halloween).
- Assistance Events (Holiday Food Event, Holiday Toy Drive & Shopping Event, Car Seat Event)
- Family Engagement Activities offered in person & on Social Media (Facebook & Instagram)
- Support for Parents, Grandparents, Kinship caregivers
- Youth Activities
- Education Opportunities
- Prevention Services
- Community Services
- Child Requiring Assistance (CRA) Support
- Groups for Youth, Adults, and Families
Monday – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday – 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday – 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Thursday – 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Friday – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday – 9:00 a.m. – 12 (two Saturdays per month based on observed holidays)
The following items are gratefully accepted to continually expand the resources available to our families:
- Stop & Shop $25 gift cards
- Walmart $25 gift cards
- Target $25 gift cards
- Gas cards in $20 increments
- Charlie Cards in $10 increments
- Diapers and baby wipes (medium to larger sizes preferred)
You can make a direct monetary donation to QFRC by clicking here and designating your donation to the QFRC