The BHCP Team includes three care coordinators and one registered nurse, who provide the following services to adults ages 21 years and up:
- Complete a comprehensive assessment of needs and services.
- Create an individualized and person-centered action plan.
- Provide integrated and comprehensive care coordination, make referrals to services, and supports and create a care team to support client. This includes working closely with primary care physicians, therapist, psychiatrist, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, visiting nurses, home aid helpers, recovery coaches, holistic approach options, etc.
- Meet with individuals frequently to ensure effective care to assist with organizing medical and behavioral health appointments.
- Manage complex medical, behavioral, and psycho-social issues (transportation, housing, personal care, homemaking, food, etc.) and assist with barriers for client to enhance the quality of life of an individual. This ensures all needs and domains of the individual’s life are addressed properly and thoroughly.
- Eligibility Criteria requires a severe and persistent mental illness and/or addiction history and is actively enrolled in MassHealth.
Our Mission is to:
- Reduce overdoses.
- Make an authentic connection with the recoveree.
- Provide support and resources.
- Offer hope and non-judgmental support in order to reduce the need to return to the emergency department.
- Decrease sigma around SUD.
BHCP is part of the Coordinated Care Network (CCN); a network of providers who are dedicated to helping improve individual’s quality of life, offering resources and connecting individuals to services that support wellness, independence, and recovery www.ccnmass.org.